What we do
The “Association for the rights of the pedestrians” is a citizens group that:
- Stands for the rights of the citizens to walkable, pedestrian friendly cities
- Strives for the improvement of infrastructure, traffic education and law enforcement
- Proposes measures and actions towards these ends.
Our Mission and Vision
Our vision is:
- termination of the era of absolute priority of the automobiles over pedestrians and bicycles,
- public acceptance of walking as a legitimate, environment friendly means of transportation,
- modernization and enforcement of the laws concerning the construction of pavements and special facilities for pedestrians, bicycles and citizens of reduced mobility,
- improvement of public transportation and the discouragement of the use of private cars in the city,
- establishment of a network of safe pedestrian walkways within the city,
- withdrawal of the illegally parked private cars and other obstacles from the pavements and pedestrian facilities, and
- introduction of the notion “pedestrians first” to the Greek public conscience.