What we do
Our Mission and Vision
Promoting and campaigning for safety, rights and better welfare of passengers, pedestrians and cyclist as they use the road.
- To establish PAPECA offices in all provincial offices
- To recruit and train community road safety peer educators throughout the country.
- To advocate and campaign for the rights of vulnerable road users who are passengers, pedestrian, cyclists and In and Out of school going children and people living with disabilities
- To conduct road safety sensitization programs throughout the country to ensure that passengers, pedestrians, cyclists and In and Out of school going children are responsible as they use the road.
- To sensitize and advise the public transport drivers the best way of conduct and attitudes when carrying passengers of public transport especially on over speeding and drinking and driving.
- To advocate for adequate compensation to be paid to victims of road traffic accidents.
- To advocate for safer roads for pedestrian, cyclist and In and out of school children and people with disabilities such as:
- Foot and cycles path ways.
- Pedestrian crossing which are visible.
- Foot bridges.
- Traffic calming interventions
- To ensure that any matters of interest of passengers, pedestrians, cyclists, In and Out school children are discussed freely with relevant authorities.
- To negotiate better fares for passengers as they use public transport with relevant authorities.
- To network with other stakeholders who has the interest and promote road safety, better roads and transport system both regional and international.